Click HERE to go to home page

Saturday, May 8, 2010

A wonderful photo of Clyde Schlotterback

Here's a photo of Clyde Schlotterback out of Iowa taken in 1981 by Mike Schlotterback - his Great-Grandson!   Mike e-mailed me this photo with a nice e-mail complimenting the web site and telling me how he has more information about the Schlotterback family line dating all the way back to Hans George!

It goes without saying, we're excited!

Clyde Schlotterback  - 1981

Clyde Schlotterback in 1887

  Clyde was born August 23rd, 1886 and worked his whole live in Iowa.  Over 50 years this man worked for a newspaper in Knoxville, Iowa laying the media foundation for central Iowa.  The baby photo was an old "tintype" photo, don't know what it means?   Click here:  Tintype Photos

3 comments:

  1. Hey Chad,
    Thanks for posting this photograph. He was Clyde Michael Schlotterback. Everyone called him Mike. I knew him as Grandpa Mike. He was my great grandfather. He was born on August, 23rd 1886 in Knoxville, and died on the 30th of May 1984. He was a great guy. The day I took the photograph, I remember him telling me that when he was young he had to learn to hold the reigns for the horse and buggy in one hand, so he could put his other arm around his girl. He married Mary Courtney. They had three sons. Robert, Dwight, and Merle. Robert (Bob) had two sons, Mike, and Terry. Mike Sr. and Connie Schlotterback are My parents. Grandpa Mike's son Merle gave me a stack of papers before he died. I have family information I will be posting on the Schlotterback Message Board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to see and read this. He was my Great Grandfather too. We called him Grandpa Mike. Son of John Davie. Lived across the street from Dwight. (My Grandpa). I am eager to see the rest of the info. Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed this. Thad Schlotterback

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now we're taking off gentlemen, thanks for your involvement!

    BTW, post your comments using "Name/URL" and you can see the name at the top vs. Anonymous.

    Thanks!

    Chad

    ReplyDelete